Wednesday, August 18, 2010

If You're Gonna Throw A Woolly Bugger, Throw A Big One
















That is my advice tonight. Went out for the evening on the local river, six weight in hand and a box full of the #4 and #2 streamers, and just started chucking. This fish, of goodly length and girth hammered a big, black cone-headed bugger while hopping it back downstream through a really deep pool.

That was it.

I got a few follows, a slash or two, but nothing else, even after dark. It's too bad. It was a really perfect evening for huge brown trout. Cloudy, cool, flood waters receding.

I dunno.

The weirdest thing was on the last hole I kept getting buzzed by an owl. I took it as a sign and called it quits. I can deal with the bats, but a 12lb bird with talons that can crush my head? forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment