Saturday, August 21, 2010

Big-Ugly: Could It Be A Brook Trout?

This guy nailed the #2 brown/yellow bugger right at sunset. I didn't catch a fish after that. There were a few follows, and I gave it up at midnight.

The moon is pretty close to full and I've noticed over the years that I run into fewer frogs, mice, and other prey species and notice that raccoons, skunks, mink, fishers, fox, and coyotes are more active. Coyotes were howlin' tonight.

It seems to be a pattern that when the moon is "new" that I hook a really big fish--the woods are also alive with mice, voles, etc.


Anyway, this is a personal best this year for a brookie. They seem to be increasing on this particular river and getting bigger as well--perhaps that monster I'm searching for with be a brook trout?

No comments:

Post a Comment