Monday, July 6, 2009

Only Brookies...















I've been in search of the Hex. I've heard about happening here and there. The goddamn Strib even had an article on it in the Outdoors section today, and if you are curious the river pictured in the article is the White river in the Bibbon Marsh stretch--a vile, tic and skeeter infested hell hole populated by satanic-looking brown trout that only seem to come out after dark for the Hex and careless muskrats. But, I haven't really hit it. Then I hit it tonight and fished it till about 2:00am. I'm just get tin in from the long ride home--4:51am. The downside is no large fish to report. There were a couple in the 14 inch range. Though I did hear the sounds on one flushing the toilet. Raccoons could be seen in the trees and alders against the moonlight picking the big bugs from the branches.

No bears. That was a good thing. I have a story about one of those--it involves a large specimen, at least he sounded that way, belly-flopping into the run I was fishing. I'll save it for another day.

But, for the visually inclined, here are some photos of brookies that were caught on one of my favorite Wisconsin streams not too far from Saint Paul.

Smallmouth on the little rivers has been crap so far. It just isn't warm enough yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment