Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Old Fish (Part 2) Big Ugly



I caught this one a long time ago--back when the Loomis IMX was all the rage.

At 25 inches, my largest non-anadromous brown trout that I have managed to get my hands around. This was back when there was a boom in really large fish on this particular creek--I took eleven fish that year in the two-foot range. I certainly haven't caught that many large fish since in all years combined. But, I'm just not as berserk as I used to be--really, it was a bit strange.

But look at that guy! That's a #2 Ross "Gunnison" and his tail is larger than the reel!

This guy was caught on a very popular Western Wisconsin river on a very, very popular stretch after everybody went home--on a Bitch Creek!

Does anyone fish those anymore?

No comments:

Post a Comment